Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Rigatoni


Rigatoni


This is the easiest Rigatoni to make.  It has also been a hit at every function I have taken it to.  I also had someone once tell me that he only eats his wife's rigatoni but decided to try mine and he thought it was amazing.  It is my mom's recipe.  She always makes it with italian sausage.  I make it with meatballs.  


Ingredients:

1 lb Rigatoni Noodles
1 large jar of Ragu (I am a Prego girl but Ragu in this Rigatoni is what makes the taste)
1 tbs Oregano
1 tbs Minced Garlic (lightly browned in frying pan)
Italian Sausage or Meatballs (Optional)
Crock Pot


Put the sauce in your crock pot. Stir in your oregano and garlic.  I used 4lb of sauce and 1 lb of pasta in the pictures shown.  This made it more saucey (if that's even a word) than usual.  I would usually use 2-3 lbs sauce for every 1 lb pasta.



If you are adding in meat you may add this in now.  If you have frozen meatballs you can throw those in as is.  They will thaw in the sauce.  Let this simmer on low from a few hours to all day.  


Remember to occasionally stir your sauce.  About 1 hour before serving put your cooked pasta in and turn up the heat.  


Continue to stir occasionally until ready to serve.  








Tips & Tricks
  • If you prefer to make your pasta ahead of time like me once you have cooked your pasta, drained, and rinsed it place it in a plastic zip lock bag and store in the refrigerator.  You can even do this a day ahead of time if you are having a big event or dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment