Sunday, January 11, 2015

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

 

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese



I was always hesitant of making mac & cheese from scratch because all the ones I tried from other people were too dry and no good.  I decided to try it on my own and it was a hit.  It is so creamy and easy to make.  When I first made it I was worried it was not going to taste very good the second day as stuff like that tends to dry out.  This was just as good if not better the second day!  I am in love with this recipe and has been a big hit for me.

Ingredients

16 ounces macaroni (cooked)
16 ounces monterey jack cheese (cubed)
16 ounces colby cheese (cubed)
16 ounces velvetta (cubed)
1 stick of butter (sliced)
16 ounces of milk


Directions

Grease or spray inside of crockpot.  I tried smearing a very thin coating of Crisco on the sides and bottom and had no issues with burning or sticking to the crock pot.  This is my preferred method.  Put 1/3 of the macaroni on the bottom.  Add half of each cheeses and half of the butter.  Repeat this ending with the last layer of macaroni as the top.  Pour milk over contents.  Cook on low stirring occasionally.  Takes about 3 to 4 hours to melt the cheeses. 

Tips and Tricks

  • If you like your mac & cheese very cheesy 16 ounces of macaroni will do the trick.  If not add more noodles.  The second time I made this I used about 24 ounces of noodles and it was still very cheesy.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste.  I did not add any as I did not feel it needed any.

No comments:

Post a Comment