Friday, November 30, 2012

Curly Mac


Curly Mac

I don't know where my mom came up with this recipe but I am sure glad she did.  It is one of my childhood favorites and now it's my husbands favorite.  I promise you won't be disappointed!  I apologize in advanced.  I don't know the size amounts of the cheese.  I only know by box.  I will check next time I'm at the store.

Ingredients

1 box of Pasta Noodles - I use rotini noodles but any kind will work
3-4 cans of Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
1 lb Ground Turkey or Ground Beef (optional)
Medium box of Velveeta Cheese or 1/2 of a large box.
2 tbs Oregano (more or less to taste)

Boil noodles and drain.  Brown turkey or beef and drain.  Slice up velveeta into chunks.  Combine velveeta, soup, and oregano into a casserole dish.  Stir in pasta and beef.  Cover with with lid.   You can microwave (if your microwave is big enough) or put in oven.  Because the food is cooked the idea is to just heat it up and melt the cheese.

Tips and Tricks

  • If you don't want to add meat you will only need 3 cans of tomato soup.
  • If you don't want meat but someone else does.  Make casserol with 3 cans of sauce and no meat.  Remove your portion and add in meat and 4th can of sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment